As a child, I played in my Grandmother’s flower garden, cavorting with the breezes, the colors, and the fertile fantasy life I found therein. My love of color, of flowers, and how those forces can impact one took root there!
I’ve carried my love of color forward into my life’s work. When I started learning about color, I used it to help transform my life, and then the lives of clients. I used color to learn to speak up for myself, to expand and guide my spiritual journey, to overcome past traumas in my life, to soften my own heart and learn how to forgive myself. How? By finding out what colors could boost and repair my energy system. You see, when we have challenges, we deplete the colors that relate to that challenge. We need to replenish color, just like we need to replenish nutrients in our body. For example, the color for speaking one’s truth is blue. So by incorporating more blue into my life, I replenished that color, and I had more energy to speak up for myself.
Or, we can have too much of a color and we need to balance it. For example, anyone with an anger problem has an overabundance of red and needs to balance it by using another color.
I’ve spent most of my life endeavoring to become a more conscious and more loving person. One of my biggest challenges has been to learn to accept myself. By bringing in the colors related to self-love, such as pinks and magentas, my heart began to open to myself; I became less critical of myself, and I could create self-love.
Without color, my life would be so gray and lifeless.
My mission is to help raise the consciousness and vibration of this planet, to support myself and others in our healing journeys, and to leave this world a better place when I leave. I have more letters after my name than anyone cares to see, and have studied so many things I would bore you with a list of them. A few things I am certified in are Healing Touch, Reiki, Color Acupuncture, Feng Shui, Aura Soma and many, many others.
My husband and I have raised three fabulous sons. We feel very, very blessed and choose to give back to the world through various charities. A portion of any profits are given to charities, such as:
- Crossover Mission, a local non profit that seeks to empower kids at risk in our community through tutoring and basketball
- Kiva, a microfinance non profit that empowers people world wide
- The Breathe Network which seeks to expand the awareness of sexual violence as well as providing a network of holistic therapists who employ trauma informed therapies to assist in the healing and support of survivors
- ASID (American Society of Interior Designers)
- IDS (Interior Design Society)
- FSIA (Feng Shui Institute of America)
- Aura-Soma: Teacher Level 1
- Flora Corona: certification in Floral Acupuncture, Flower Essences, and Gem Elixirs
- CPIA (Certified Practitioner of Interior Alignment)
- FFS: Fashion Feng Shui Practitioner
- Reverend with Universal Brotherhood
- Certified Level Two Sea Shell Reader by Ocean Oracle, Michelle Hanson
- Advanced Akashic Records and teacher level, Linda Howe
- Simply Color, Second Edition
- Simply Color for Everyday Living
- Sad Sandwiches
Scope of Work:
- Color Consultations
- Feng Shui Consultations
- Interior Design
- Teacher for Aura-Soma, and several of my own classes based on color and/or feng shui
- Key Presenter at Chicago Design Show, 2004
- Best of Show Award, ASID show house, Lake Forest, IL
- Past President, FSII (Feng Shui Institute International
- Akashic Records Reader
- Designer for Jordan River Arts Council (MI) show, summer/fall 2014
- Presenter at Sheraton Hotels, Life Fitness exercise equipment headquarters, OFS Furniture, Leo Burnett Advertising and various expos nationwide including Conscious Design Expo, 2008.